The ASU Version 5.1B-4 ECO2 kit provides enhancements and corrections for
problems found in the ASU Version 5.1B-4 software and in earlier versions of the
Some of the enhancements and corrections in the ASU Version 5.1B-4 ECO2 kit are:
- ACLs and attributes stored in metadata can now be set on symbolic links.
- A Samba server can now act as the master browser for a LAN segment that also
contains ASU servers.
- OS/2 extended attributes can now be set and displayed by OS/2 clients.
- The "net user" command can now be used to change user passwords on an ASU
backup domain controller (BDC) that is a backup to a Windows 2003 Server.
- The [netlogon]rc4encryption lanman.ini parameter can now be used all the
time, and not just with the Samba "net rpc vampire" command.
See the ASU Version
5.1B-4 ECO2 Release Notes for a complete list of new features,
functionality, and corrected problems.
You can install the ASU Version 5.1B-4 ECO2 software on a system running the
Tru64 UNIX Version V5.1B-3 or higher operating system software. The ASU Version
5.1B-4 ECO2 software can be used to
- Install the ASU software on a Tru64 UNIX system for the first time.
- Upgrade previous versions of the ASU software.
Note: You can no longer directly upgrade PATHWORKS for DIGITAL UNIX
(Advanced Server) to ASU. See the
ASU Version 5.1A ECO1 Release Notes for information on upgrading PATHWORKS
for DIGITAL UNIX (Advanced Server) to ASU.