The ASU Version 5.1B-4 ECO1 kit provides enhancements and corrections for problems found in the ASU Version 5.1B-4 software and in earlier versions of the ASU software.
Some of the enhancements and corrections in the ASU Version 5.1B-4 ECO1 kit are:
See the ASU Version 5.1B-4 ECO1 Release Notes for a complete list of new features, functionality, and corrected problems.
- The ASU server now supports Windows Vista as a client.
- The time to copy or write files from a Windows XP client to an ASU share has been greatly improved.
- The Samba "net rpc vampire" command can now be used to migrate users from an ASU PDC to a Samba PDC, provided that the new lanman.ini parameter [netlogon] rc4encryption is set to "yes".
- The "acladm" command has a new option, -W, to write ACLs in the ACL database to file system metadata. This is very useful if the ACL database has grown extremely large.
You can install the ASU Version 5.1B-4 ECO1 software on a system running the Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0F or higher operating system software. The ASU Version 5.1B-4 ECO1 software can be used to
Note: You can no longer directly upgrade PATHWORKS for DIGITAL UNIX (Advanced Server) to ASU. See the ASU Version 5.1A ECO1 Release
Notes for information on upgrading PATHWORKS for DIGITAL UNIX (Advanced Server) to ASU.
- Install the ASU software on a Tru64 UNIX system for the first time.
- Upgrade previous versions of the ASU software.