The ASU Version 5.1B-3 ECO1 kit provides enhancements and corrections for problems found in the ASU Version
5.1B-3 software and in earlier versions of the ASU software.
Some of the enhancements and corrections in the ASU Version 5.1B-3 ECO1 kit are:
See the ASU Version 5.1B-3 ECO1 Release Notes
for a complete list of new features, functionality, and corrected problems.
- The amount of time required to copy a tree of files from a Windows XP client to an ASU server has been significantly reduced.
- The ASU server will now report the available disk space remaining in the user's disk quota when UnixQuotas is enabled rather than the total space available on the disk.
- Windows clients in a different network subnet than the ASU PDC can now find the ASU PDC even when ASU is not configured to use WINS.
- The following commands from the Windows command prompt will now work:
- Listing a directory using wildcards.
- Running an executable without explicitly specifying the file type .exe.
- Samba server resources can now be accessed with a trust established between a Samba domain (trusting) and an ASU domain (trusted).
- Files can now be accessed through UNIX groups in the Active Directory when Windows 2000 Single Sign-On (SSO) is installed.
- ASU member servers with the ASU SIA subset installed and configured will now:
- Allow users to log in using ASU domain accounts.
- Prompt for ASU account password changes with the UNIX "passwd" command.
- Windows 2003 SP1 clients can now join an ASU domain and will no longer fail with error "remote procedure call failed and did not execute".
You can install the ASU Version 5.1B-3 ECO1 software on a system running the Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0F or
higher operating system software. The ASU Version 5.1B-3 ECO1 software can be
- Install the ASU software on a Tru64 UNIX system for the first time.
- Upgrade previous versions of the ASU software.
Note: You can no longer directly upgrade PATHWORKS for DIGITAL UNIX (Advanced Server) to ASU. See the
ASU Version 5.1A ECO1 Release Notes for
information on upgrading PATHWORKS for DIGITAL UNIX (Advanced Server) to ASU.