The ASU Version
5.1B-2 kit provides enhancements and corrections
for problems found in the ASU Version 5.1B ECO2
software, and in earlier versions of the ASU
Some of the enhancements and corrections in
the ASU Version 5.1B-2 kit:
- ASU server can now be a Backup Domain
Controller to a Windows 2003 mixed mode domain.
- The ASU server now supports the non-default
cluster alias. At any point
of time the ASU server supports only one
cluster alias, which can be either the default
or a non-default alias.
- FileChangeNotify registry parameter has
been added to enable the ASU
server to notify clients of a file change
from other clients.
- The StoreAttributesAsMetadata registry parameter
has been added to
enable storing of DOS attributes and
file creation time in AdvFS metadata.
the use of
DOS attributes irrespective of the UseUnixGroups
registry parameter value and preserves
the file creation time when modifying
value is 0 (do not store DOS attributes
and file creation time in AdvFS metadata).
- Three new ASU commands chattr, lsattr, and
rmattr are added to manage
- The StoreFileAcl registry parameter has
been added to specify whether or
not to store explicit ACLs for files.
- A new command called prcheck is available
to check and enumerate ASU
printer entries, which includes
the ASU printer share entries,
printer registry entries, and printer
- A new client tool called pccheck is available
to collect and display the
diagnostic information like user,
share, network statistics, browse
connectivity to PDC/BDC.
- Blob files will now automatically shrink
in size if there is more than
20% space free after deleting
See the ASU
Version 5.1B-2 Release Notes for
a complete list of new features, functionality,
and corrected problems.
Install the ASU Version 5.1B-2 software on a
system running the Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0F or
higher operating system software. The ASU Version
5.1B-2 software can be used to
- Install the ASU software on a Tru64
UNIX system for the first time.
- Upgrade previous versions of the ASU software.
Note: You can no longer directly upgrade PATHWORKS
for DIGITAL UNIX (Advanced Server) to ASU. See
Version 5.1A ECO1 Release Notes for information
on how to upgrade PATHWORKS for DIGITAL UNIX
(Advanced Server) to ASU.