The Secure Web Server
(SWS) for Tru64 UNIX (powered by Apache) is an implementation
of Apache HTTP Server for Tru64 UNIX. The latest versions
of the Apache Web Server are provided with SWS as optionally
installable setld(8) subsets. The Secure Web Server 1.3
(powered by Apache 1.3.41) supports the HTTP protocol over
the IPv4 network protocol. The Secure Web Server 2.2 (powered by Apache 2.2.13)
supports the HTTP protocol over both IPv4 and IPv6 network protocols. SWS also includes
the Tomcat Java™ Servlet and JavaServer Pages™ Container
(Tomcat). Tomcat can be configured as a standalone Web
server. Or, it can be connected to an Apache Web Server
to provide support for Java™-based, dynamic content.
All SWS Web Servers can be managed either locally or
remotely from a Web-based Administration utility also
provided with SWS.
- Secure Web Server 1.3, powered by Apache 1.3.41(IAEAPCH
- Secure Web Server 2.2, powered by Apache 2.2.13(IAEHTTPD
- Tomcat Java™ Servlet and JavaServer Pages™ Container
5.5.28 (IAETOMCAT subset)
- Secure Web Server Administration Server (IAEAPAD
- Secure Web Server, Tomcat, and Administration Web
Server online documentation (IAEAPDOC subset) in HTML
- Support for all standard Apache Web Server modules
(either pre-configured or available as loadable modules).
- Integrated support for the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
protocol for 156-bit HTTPS connections (based on OpenSSL).
- Configurable SUexec support for CGI and SSI execution
as any user.
- Integrated support for FastCGI, a language independent,
scalable, open extension to CGI providing high performance
without the limitations of server-specific APIs.
- Integrated support for PHP, a server-side, cross
platform, HTML-embedded, scripting language.
- Apache Extension Tool (APXS) support for extending
Web Server capabilities using third party Apache modules.
- Fully qualified TruCluster support, including multi-instance
Secure Web Server and single-instance Tomcat Web Server
- Tested with the Atalla AXL300 SSL Accelerator PCI
- Secure Web Server 6.10 for Tru64 UNIX is available
for download from
this Web site.HP recommends upgrading to this version
if you are currently using any previous version of
SWS. This version includes all fixes in previous SWS
versions including security fixes.
- SWS Installation Guide (PDF, HTML)
- SWS Adminstration Guide (PDF, HTML)
- Migration Guide: iPlanet Web Server to HP Secure
Web Server for Tru64 UNIX (PDF)
- Tru64 UNIX 5.1B
- 100 Mb free disk space on /usr/opt partition
- 6 Mb free disk space on /usr/internet partition
- The optional Tomcat subset (IAETOMCAT) requires Java™ 1.4.2
| Tru64 UNIX V5 media and documentation
Suggested additional services
|Internet Express Packaged Services
(includes rights to new versions and media/documentation)
| Internet Express New Version
License Subscription Service (includes only
rights to new versions; does not include
media and documentation)
Phone support for the product is included in the Tru64
UNIX phone support contract.
Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered
trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc., in the U.S. and