The Spike post-link optimizer has been enhanced with the following
significant new optimizations and features in V5.2-509:
- It has enhanced use of profiling data from both Pixie
and DCPI, particularly in the areas of data prefetching. In particular, it
- Performs stride prefetching based on a profile of data-address
strides collected by using the Pixie tool. (For this optimization, please
ensure you use Pixie V5.4 that is available in the program analysis tools
in this version of the DTK supplement.)
- Performs data prefetching based on DCPI latency and frequency
information. Examples of this use can be found in the manpage in the
kit.(For this optimization, please ensure you use Beta version 3.9.4
of DCPI, available
from the DCPI web page.)
- It employs the compiler's state-of-the-art instruction
scheduler in order to maintain optimum scheduling of codeafter spike has performed
- Spike now supports the latest generation of Compaq's compiler
- Numerous bug fixes found in Spike V5.2 released in 10/2001.
- Additional optimizations have been added.
- Virtual memory usage has improved.
- Spike's sometimes numerous warning messages are now disabled
by default, and will display if given the "-verbose" option on the